Thursday, March 17, 2011

Topsy-turvey day--some good, some not. Talked to Betty early; she said she was taking Mookie out for her birthday and I suggested they meet Mary Ann and me at Ventura's (the former Rugby Inn) and she thought that was a good idea. I told her we'd be there about 1:00.
Had highly annoying interchanges with some doctor's office--or rather, his billing rep--and Horizon Blue Crap and Blue Sheesh. Doc says I owe $135 for his services at gall bladder time,which B.C. and B.S. should have paid; latter says no, or something. Have to call them back.
Mary Ann picked me up at noon and we went to Sammy's Sock Outlet on Tilton Road, to which I've introduced a number of friends. She bought twelve scarfs as table prizes for the Women's Club Luncheon, to be held in May, We took a lot longer than I thought and it was already 1:30 by the time we left. Now came the frustrating part, due to a series of happenings which involve not having my cell phone, not having Betty's number, misdirection to the restaurant, followed by more misdirection, and so on and on. The upshot was we were--I think--about an hour late meeting Betty and Mookie. Betty was not angry, but was worried--I would have been, too--since she kept trying my cell and was told it wasn't in operation or whatever.
Anyway, we had a great time at a leisurely lunch. Mary Ann and B. and M. got along nicely and we all enjoyed our food and talk.
After, Mary Ann and I went to The Christmas Shop in Mays Landing and she got twelve gift bags for the scarfs, along with ribbon and so on. Didn't get home until after 6:00 to find a welcome phone message from Susan inviting me to dinner today for St. Patrick's Day. I went over to accept with pleasure, then quickly changed for rehearsal and went there. Was glad when Director Tonya said we wouldn't have rehearsal tonight, so I can relax at Susan's.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...