Tuesday, January 01, 2008

It's 2008! Wow!
After my late start yesterday, I galvanized myself and got a lot accomplished--to wit, I took down the Christmas tree and all the other decorations. Although I had donated to the thrift store at least six large boxes full of such decorations, it still took a big portion of the day. However, it was a piece of cake compared to the drudgery of other years, when I had so much. I was pleased, too, that I easily wrapped the tree--only 5 1/2 feet this year, compared to the more-than-9 footer last--and dragged it to the curb. Now I'm ready to take on 2008.
Heard from Alison that she and Mike may run in a race today instead of going on the Atsion Lake hike. They probably won't join the hike to Apple Pie Hill on January 6 that I mentioned yesterday, but I'll sign on for it. Alison invited us up for dinner the same day for Joel's 26th birthday; that will be nice.
I sent my four precious offspring new year greetings and mentioned the obvious: that they're the best part of our lives in any year.
Today, I want to call the woman to whom I'm going to be bringing library books. I'm looking forward to getting to know her. Also, I'm looking forward to conducting the conversational English workshop that starts in February.
An anecdote: When I was in my twenties, I remember figuring out how old I'd be in the year 2000--63, for heaven's sake! It seemed surreal--I just couldn't imagine being that old.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I remember wondering how old I'd be. I figured I might still be alive, but I'd be really old. Does that mean people in their 20s think we're ancient...guess so. Oh well, that's the way the ball bounces and the cookie crumbles...and if they're lucky ...they too will one day be 'us'.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...