Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Enjoyed a long and lovely lunch with neat and nifty neighbor, Barb D. She drove and we went to Calloway's; she a big Cobb salad, me a Caesar, this time with chicken.
We talked and talked and talked--not just about little "what's been going on in my life" stuff, but things like the church (Barb and Frank are strong Catholics), priests who molest, and so on. We just tiptoed around politics, but I was pleased to realize she's much less to the right than I thought. She also puts her money where her mouth is and does a lot of volunteer work--what used to be called "charity work"--with the poor and otherwise afflicted. Barb is now having to concentrate on getting her elderly father moved down here--to Arcadia Nursing Home--so she and Frank don't have to keep driving the horrendous trip to Westchester, NY every week. Barbara is an only child, a condition that seems to me as bizarre and remarkable as walking on your hands.
Earlier in the day, I had my hair cut and April did her usual good job. The perm is gone, but the mop actually looks nice. I hope after I wash it, it will look as good.
Called the hike leader for Monday and told him I'd like to join the 5-miler to Apple Pie Hill. He welcomed me and seemed very nice.
We had a few snow flurries yesterday. Luckily, it didn't last and, although I haven't gone out yet, I hope and expect we won't have to plow through the white stuff for our walk.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...