Saturday, January 26, 2008

After the icy-surface morning, the day turned out to be beautiful. Betty called--always a welcome event--and we had a good talk. Then, while Pat took his after-breakfast nap, I zipped up to Manahawkin and bought myself hiking shoes/boots (lower than regular boots, higher than shoes). I like them, but when I put them on to wear around the house last night, I realized they're big. They're size 9 and I think with my weight loss, I must have gone down a half size. Okay, I'll wear my Nikes. I didn't have any problem with the last hike when I wore them and hope not to at this one.
Went to Staples to duplicate more pictures of Patrick's boyhood for the scrapbook and also bought some embellishments for it. (This is getting to be more and more of a project, which means it'll take me longer and longer to complete it--damn!)
Stopped at Shop-Rite for groceries and got home in time to make Pat's lunch. I don't like to skip, so I then took the walk on our usual route, as all the sidewalks and streets are clear. Unfortunately, Frank, Johnny, and The Platters couldn't go, as something was wrong with the CD player. Pat had fixed it by the time I got home.
Stopped at Marge's to get my BP done. She and Fred each have their own equipment. His is the more conventional with the cuff for the upper arm, and M.'s goes on the wrist. They suggested using both and we did, three times. Here are the numbers: 137/91, 122/81, and 139/81.
I guess those are okay, but am not sure. Nurse ladies, whattya think?
Went across to Susan's on my way back to apologize for not going for our walk yesterday. We had a good laugh when she said she thought I had come, and she had missed me. She had been in the backyard putting food out for the birds, squirrels, and deer (!--but to each his own) and thought she heard something at the front door, but looked and nobody was there. She then thought she had missed me knocking, so hurried out to "catch up with me." She never did, of course, since I hadn't gone. Susan said she had to pick her way on the sidewalk, as it was indeed, icy in spots, but she made it all right.
We had a nice visit and S. gave me an invitation to a "Valentine Fiesta" on February 10. She and Walter did this last year, and it was a lot of fun. They mix the valentine theme with Mexican food. Wish Pat could go, but I will and will bring him back something. (He doesn't like Mex, anyway.)
Took Pat to radiation, which lasted only 15 minutes or so. I had taken him to the barber yesterday after his session and somehow, he looked and even seemed much better today.
Ray and Barb asked if I wanted to go with them to the fish fry tomorrow, which I will. Must remember to make a dessert for it.
Otherwise, the day was ordinary, but pleasant. I made my lunch (salad and broccoli in separate containers) for today and will add a bottle of water. Will leave Pat's lunch and get everything else I can think of ready so he has no problem.
I'm looking forward to this hike. Don't know at this point if I'll go the whole 10 miles or finish at one of the drop-off points, but I'll be happy with either. Forecast is for very cold and somewhat cloudy, but as long as it doesn't rain or snow, that's fine by me.

1 comment:

EBJ said...

The differences in your BP between 120's- and 130's most likely is due to the method that was used. The arm one is probably the most reliable. However, neither one is too high. remember their is no,"normal" for BP's. 120/80 is ,"average".

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...