Sunday, January 20, 2008

We got wonderful news last night: Patrick and Natsue are coming to visit! He called to say they'll be here for a week sometime in early August. So great to hear that we can finally meet our daughter-in-law. Shortly after, Mike called on the web cam. When I told him P. and N. are coming, he said he'd look into the possibility of coming, too--with Vivian! That will be wonderful. It would be nice if the rest of his family could come, too, but the new baby will be less than a month old, so I doubt it. When I talk to Ellen tonight, I'm going to ask that she defer her visit until then, also. Happy day!
Vivian showed us her doll stroller, then came back to the camera several times with various dolls. She repeated she'd give the new baby milk, and told me she was going to a birthday party, then swimming. She has started tennis lessons and likes them. She looks and sounds so much older now, in this rapidly growing 3 1/2 year-old stage, and is so precious. Talked to Paula, too. She's feeling better than she had, although she's still only 3 months along. I asked her to coach me on a welcoming phrase to Natsue and she said she would.
Earlier, I took a dry run to the Bordentown Deer Club, where we meet to start the hike tomorrow. It's pretty far--30 miles--but I'm game and am looking forward to it. I told Susan I'd skip our walk then, not because I think it will be too much for me, but because I have to get Pat's breakfast and everything else taken care of before I leave about 9:00.
Pat went down the bay yesterday, then he and another bay buddy, John, went over to see George at the rehab.
Can't wait to tell Alison about August!

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I'm almost as excited as you. Great news indeed. If Ellen can be there too it'll be even better....the whole Molloy family in the year of your 50th anniversary.

I wanted to comment yesterday....good news to hear you can stop the B/P med. You'll probably do fine. You might want to use the same drugstore machine each time. They aren't thought to be totally accurate, but you'll get an idea especially if you do it around the same time each visit.
Small to medium clothes....off B/P med...becoming a hiker...family coming in August...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...