Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Incredible--I just got up 20 minutes ago and it's 9:15! Didn't get home until 11:00, and although I went right to bed, I have to read before I sleep, so it must have been midnight before I dropped off. Well, once in a while doesn't hurt, but I'm due in Manahawkin at 10:30, so have to hustle. I'm going to meet the home-bound woman for whom I'll pick up and exchange library books--looking forward to it.
Took Pat to the doctor at Fort Dix yesterday. I actually enjoy the drive, as it's down 539, then west through the semi-rural outskirts of small towns. It went okay, but as is usual now, was somewhat perfunctory.
Went to the podiatrist in the afternoon and she trimmed the calluses on my tootsies, cut my toenails, and generally made me feel like a spa-goer.
Left for Viv's at 5:00--early, but a good thing because I missed the turnoff from Route 9 and got all the way to Lacey before I called and was directed how to get back. Made it just at 6:00 and Viv then drove us to Manalapan to the Wellspouse dinner. Boy, it's a long way--more than an hour and there was a lot of traffic. However, we got to the Java Moon okay and were pleased to see about 15 others there, fellow spouses of disabled or chronically ill people. I had met all these nice people before and Viv and I poured ourselves glasses of wine and sat down to chat and eat.
The Java Moon has a lot of unusual dishes and I ordered grilled Caesar salad with shrimp. Sounds weird, but it was very good. It was a great convivial evening--just wish gatherings were closer.
Incidentally, the reason they're held where they are is that this happens to be the Manalapan group. Viv is the leader of the Southern Ocean group, but at this point, it's very unformed and we know only one or two others who live reasonably nearby. We tried to set a date to meet before Christmas, but things came up that made us cancel.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...