Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ran over to Mays Landing yesterday, aiming to buy hiking shoes, but got waylaid and went to Target. Got little Valentine gifts for the kiddies, including an adorable "onesie" and towel with frogs on them for the new Singapore kid. It's neutral, as I don't know if it will be a boy or girl frog. Didn't have time for the shoes, as I needed to be home in time to make Pat's lunch. Stopped at Santori's for a veggie fix on the way back.
Picked up a book and tape for my new library person and will deliver them next Wednesday when I meet her. Also got myself a few books, including The Reality Diet, by a doctor. I was pleased to read it emphasizes mostly plant foods, little meat, and plenty of exercise.
(It's always satisfying to read "authorities" who endorse what you already believe. That's true when it comes to diet, politics, religion and practically everything else. No wonder it's so difficult for people to change their minds about anything. I sometimes think there's no such thing as "free will," but that we're all programmed before birth to think what we think and do what we do. Well! Talk about a digression!)
Called the leaders of the Saturday 10-miler, and told them I'm going to join it. There are two drop-out points if I decide to do less. The only negative is that it's at Mercer Park in Princeton, 60 miles away--but a pretty nice drive, mostly up 539, and I want to do it. Hope the weather holds.
I heard back from David P. and Kathy B. They were both pleased that I met up with their old neighbors. Told Louise at SOCH and she was happy to hear it, too. Kathy and Nolan plan to stop in to see them in the spring.
Still debating whether to go to Weight Watchers today or wait until tomorrow. Guess I'll decide later.
Later: I did go, and lost another .4--a minor amount, but in the right direction, so okay. That brings me to 144.8 and 54.8 pounds down.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...