Friday, January 18, 2008

After the good news at WW yesterday, it all went downhill. I stayed for the lecture, which means I got home a little after 11:00. Had breakfast (it's silly, but I never eat before I get weighed in), then had to immediately prepare to drive back to Manahawkin for Pat's first radiation session at 1:00. I asked if he wanted to eat lunch first (he usually does at 12:30), and he said I could bring his sandwich, which I did.
Got there early, as usual, and went to get the wheelchair. Couldn't open it, and Pat had to simply use it as a walker. Nobody was there, so we waited (my fault for being so early). When they got back from lunch, the nurse pushed Pat in and I went to Kohl's to exchange what I bought yesterday.
On the way home, Pat said he would have eaten his sandwich on the way, I said why didn't you, he said I didn't know you had made it, I got mad, he got mad...and that wasn't all. I don't even want to go into the angry exchange we had earlier. We had both dived into dark moods early on and mine wasn't made any lighter when I realized I had to cancel my lunch date with former colleague, Helen, for Tuesday because they didn't want him to miss a radiation day. On top of that, it rained in angry, icy spurts--something like my mood, I guess.
Things improved when we got home about 3:00. Pat ate his sandwich and I had a terrific late lunch of spinach, broccoli, and salad. Today and subsequent treatment days should be better, as we settled on his appointments for 3:00 pm. It will interfere with his bay-going and it disallows my going out of town, but we'll just have to put up with it for another 15 days.
Was glad to hear from blog-friend, Dee, that her surgery is over, it went well, and she's on the mend.
Got a call from the Home Borrowers' Coordinator, Gwen, asking if I'd take on another "customer," this time right on Radio Road in Little Egg. Of course, I agreed and am looking forward to getting his or her material.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...