Thursday, January 17, 2008

Preparing for the hike on Monday, I went to Kohl's and got myself thermal underwear. This isn't anything like the "long johns" of old, which were made of thick, heavy, itchy material. It's very light and, of course, machine washable. The bottoms are pink, the top white with rosebuds. I have the bottom on now--and they're size small. Got small for the top, too, but although it's not terribly tight, I think I'll exchange it for a roomier medium.
While in Manahawkin, I went to Shop-Rite and stocked up on stuff on sale. Other than that, nothing much else going on except the usual domestic chores. Rather than list them, I'll put in a couplet (exactly what it suggests, a two-line poem) I remember from years ago, called "The Waiter":
By and by,
God caught his eye.
That's a gem. Can't remember who wrote it, but it may have been Lowell.
Later: Was pleased to have lost another 2.8 pounds for a total of 54.4 and a current weight of 145.2. That was over two weeks, but the average is fine by me.

1 comment:

EBJ said...

Medium sounds good to me.
Congrats on your new wt. loss.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...