Saturday, January 12, 2008

Susan had to go up north early yesterday, so I walked our walk with Nat, Frankie, and The Platters. Hey, could there be any more romantic (or sexy) a song than "Only You"? Boy, it's great, right up there with "I Can't Stop Loving You," "Begin the Beguine," and "Unchained Melody."
Darling Dennis came over to change our furnace filter and the batteries in the smoke detectors. Thank heavens, his and Leslie's Pete seems back to normal; still no word on what caused the jaundice, but they suspect an allergy to some OTC medication. I e-mailed Les to ask if I could take her to lunch to celebrate and she happily agreed; we'll go on Monday.
That means next week is shaping up nicely: I have a Woman's Club meeting tomorrow, then lunch with Les, and on Tuesday, I get my hair cut in the morning, then go to lunch with next-door neighbor, Barb D. We have Pat's first radiology session on Thursday, not a fun thing, but we're both okay with it--has to be done and I know it will become routine, so no longer scary.
Took my new slacks to the cleaners to be hemmed. Hey, they're size "small" and the legs are nice and slim, but they're at least four inches too long. The only time I think of myself as short is when I buy clothes.
Got some welcome phone calls yesterday: Old George's SIL, Bea, called to let us know he had come through the aneurysm surgery well. (This on top of the heart surgery 4 days ago.) Pat called other Bay Buddy, John, to let him know the good news. Alison called on the way to her and Mike's regular Friday night hike. There was nothing in particular new, she was just checking in, but I always love to talk to my little girls.
Rest of the day, I did a lot of wash and finished up some financial stuff that had been hanging.
Judy called to let me know she had finally been able to access the George Straight site to order tickets for her idol's concert in February. According to her computer person in Costa Rica, when she downloaded Kodak Easy Share, it caused her keyboard to freeze up.
Wha-a-t?! I have KES and so do hordes of other people I know, and I never heard of that happening. Oh well, what the hell--it isn't important enough to worry about, so I'm going to dismiss it from my mind.
Didn't go to Weight Watchers yesterday after all, and I may just hold off this week and go on my regular Thursday.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I had a good chuckle. When I first read about your morning walk I thought "oh that's nice, Rosemary is walking with some new neighbors". "She's so lucky to have so many different folks to walk with".....LOL....THEN...I realized who Nat and Frankie were. Good people you have there in Sunrise Bay. Did you sing along?

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...