Friday, January 25, 2008

It snowed yesterday! Not sure how much, but I think about two inches. It didn't start until early afternoon, so Susan and I took our walk and I got back from WW beforehand. It's very pretty, but I was concerned because I had to get Pat to Manahawkin for treatment. I called to see if we could come early, and we could, so we were in and out of there in 20 minutes and home by 3:00--that was good.
After it stopped, fantastic friend Frank, our next-door neighbor, came over and shoveled our walk and driveway. The service does it if it's over a certain number of inches--can't remember how many--but I think it wasn't enough yesterday.
The rest of the day, Pat and I enjoyed being inside our snug home while the snow fell outside. I finished up various chores and worked on the photo book I'm putting together for Natsue, of Patrick and our family in various life stages. Gave Pat leftovers of beef tips, scalloped potatoes, and peas, and I had a small piece of (also leftover) chicken and a big bowl of Brussel sprouts.
Nice day, somehow, and I was content. Will now go out and see if the terrain is okay for walking. If it isn't actually icy, we'll go.
Five minutes later: Unfortunately, there's a lot of ice on both the sidewalk and the street. I don't want to risk a fall, so even if Susan comes over, I'm not going to walk this morning. However, I'm determined not to skip it altogether and if it improves, will go our usual route this afternoon. If not, I'll drive to the mall and walk the circumference twice.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Lucky you getting snow. Unlucky you getting ice.

Smart move to not chance a fall.

You and Rich would make a great pair with your love of veggies. He LOVES brussel sprouts and I strongly dislike them. I wonder why some folks like veggies in general, and the rest of us don't. I also wonder if there is a correlation with exercise. I hate that too and have to make myself do it. You on the other hand look forward to your daily walk. It doesn't seem fair.

I see our grandson who loves to run and climb. I was never like that. He dislikes being a spectator at anything and wants to be a participant. Me, I was more of a drama queen...no sports for me.

Mimi said...

Pat, that comment seems a lot like the "it's easier for you" remark, which I've actually heard from people about my weight loss.
Believe me, it isn't. I never liked exercise, either. Was very awkward and poorly coordinated as a kid, and still am. I NEVER played sports of any kind--you got a lot more exercise being a baton twirler than I ever did. I didn't used to "like" many vegetables, either, unless they were loaded with melted butter or cheese. But after the angiography, I finally decided not to give myself a pass on diet and exercise because I preferred something else. I realized I didn't have to like them, but I had to follow a healthy regime. Eventually, I got to like them both--but there are still times I'd like to revert to my indolent self.

EBJ said...

I'm with you, Arty. I hate to exercise too. The difference between us is that you ACTUALLY do eat the right stuff AND also do the exercise. Where as I usually only TALK about it. I am going to try to change as I know I only have myself to blame for the way things are with me.
I CAN do it. The question is WILL I do it.

Mimi said...

You can and you will! You've done it before and I know you--when you really, really put your mind to something, you always reach your goal. Get serious, get going, and have some kind of CONCRETE plan. Remember, just wanting it isn't enough. (Okay, now I've become a "do this, do that" boor. Sorry, my twinnie.)

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...