Friday, January 04, 2008

After WW, I stayed in most of the day to wait for the oxygen supply person. (Community Surgical delivers the portable tanks every Thursday.) I was a little miffed that Pat went off the the bay and left me to receive them--oh, well.
Old George was operated on yesterday, Pat heard from another bay buddy. He called Deborah (Hospital), but was told George was still in the recovery room and couldn't take calls. Hope he'll be okay soon--and I want to send his card, too.
Discovered that the wreath container thing is defective; it doesn't have the carrying handle the other one does. When we go to Manahawkin today for Pat's radiologist appointment, I'll take it to exchange.
Hey, when I'm reduced to that kind of non-news, things are pretty slow. Oh, one more tidbit: Anne Mary, our erstwhile neighbor, called to 1. thank me for the thank you card and 2. bend my ear for 35 minutes about her latest hospital foray. She's convinced she has pneumonia every time she coughs. It turned out to be a nasal drip, but of course, it's the most serious, spectacular, and non-common nasal drip in medical history and ever discovered on the face of the earth and blah, blah, blah.
On the phone, Anne Mary felt she had to refer to her late, lamented poodle as "the other one" because the live one, Eddie, was nearby and when he hears Carlos' name he misses him more.
There just are no words to comment on that.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

Those people drive me nuts. My neighbor will say to me "last night we ate around 5pm and we went to bed around 9pm. We both got up to go to the bathroom at the same time"..Of course they didn't use the same bathroom because the 'we' is her dog.
*********
I think there ought to be a special place for all those people who have the worst case of the most challenging diagnosis known to man. They seem to enjoy being an enigma. It's that old 'secondary gain' of illness again. To me those patients are the most difficult and really need a shrink. They often don't want to get well....they can get more attention being out of the ordinary and bending your and my ear.

Mimi said...

Oh, you're absolutely right, Pat. And as much as I keep telling myself to be patient, nothing you say is going to make any difference, just nod and smile--it drives me crazy! Betty and I were talking about this today; she has a friend who's similar in makeup. They cerainly get something out of it--the "poor me" syndrome--but it's infuriating to have them as "friends." Well, you know--the neighbor, her dog, and the bathroom is a perfect illustration--funny, but weird!

EBJ said...

Hey Art, did you know about the new law. At Wall Mart if they ring up the wrong price they have to give you $4.00. I know the law is all over the US. Check it out. I think they owe you for the higher priced wreath.

Mimi said...

That's good to know, but I don't think it was the wrong price. K-Mart's just weren't on sale. But I'm going to see if they'll match Wal-Mart's price, as I have both the receipts. I DON'T have receipts from 20 years back, though! (For other readers: That's an inside joke.)

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...