Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Had a delightful lunch with Leslie yesterday. We went to The Grapevine and both had big salads. Les is in Weight Watchers with me and has reached her goal weight; she looks great.
Earlier in the day, I made a batch of Nana Mix and sent it off to Patrick and Natsue. It's annoying that it never comes out even. I had just enough of the cereal, but still have most of the bag of pretzels and some peanuts. In the old days, I naturally would have gobbled them up, simply because they were there, but now....
After I dropped Les off, I ran a few errands, including taking books back to the library. Happened to see the video "Catch Me If You Can" with Leonardo DiCapria and Tom Hanks, two of my favorite actors. I had seen it when it came out (2002) and always thought it was badly underrated--a wonderfully entertaining movie. Borrowed it, plopped it in the machine, and settled down to enjoy. Pat got home from the bay in the middle and watched the rest with me. Nice afternoon.

Called the leader to sign up for an OCSJ hike on Monday morning. It's a 5-miler to Apple Pie Hill, which seems ideal for me. Left a message, but haven't yet heard back from him.
George's SIL called to tell us the good news that George is doing very well and will probably be released today or tomorrow. He'll then recuperate at Seacrest Rehab, just a mile and a half from us--where Pat stayed after his hospitalization last year. This generated calls back and forth between Pat and bay buddies John and Charlie, who will all be able to visit G. at Seacrest.
Today, I get my hair cut at 10, then go to lunch with Barb D. at 12:30. I'm looking forward to both.

Note: I have no idea why spaces are appearing in this entry, and the "delete" key won't get rid of them.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
The post looked OK on my webtv...no spaces.

I too liked 'Catch me if you can'. I never liked DiCaprio, but he's grown on me.

Your wgt loss is commendable (Catholic school word), and considering you walk every single day rain or shine and gave up a 2-3 pack/day smoking habit almost 20 yrs ago truly is inspirational. You are a cardiologist's dream patient. Go Rosemary!

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...