Monday, January 21, 2008

Yesterday, I drove up to the Modell's in Hamilton (50 miles) to get a backpack and thermal underwear with my credit. I was annoyed that I still have 6 or 8 dollars left, but will take the trip to Toms River again later. Stopped at Alison's on the way there and back, as it's right on the way. She was staining the new chairs--ten of them--and what tedious work it is, with the big table to come. She wasn't satisfied with the results, so planned to go back to the seller to ask advice. I was surprised to find she knew Patrick and Natsue were coming in August, but she laughed and wouldn't say how.
We had a nice, convivial visit over lunch on my way back. A. gave me a great salad with arugula, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, and other goodies, all organic. Her tomato/onion dressing was terrific, too. I was surprised when she told me the newly-opened Stop 'N' Shop near her on 539 has a big variety of organic items. Stopped there on my way home and got a bunch of veggies, plus a nice roasting chicken that was never treated with antibiotics. I'm more likely to be suspicious of meat with such weird additions than I am of pesticides.
Alison showed me two short videos of adorable little Tristan just on the cusp of crawling. She said his getting up on his hands and knees, then rocking back and forth, lunging, wiggling forward, and reaching out for objects, is right on target for his age at the time of five and a half months. So is falling on his face, which he did twice. However, he recovered his equilibrium with no problem.
Got home to find Pat gone to the bay, so I puttered around--put a wash in, prepared dinner, and assembled some things for today's hike. Later, I chatted with Betty and talked to, and saw, Ellen, on the web cam. We had a good talk, discussing a range of topics, including the fact that she still hasn't heard from the bank re her condo offer. Of course, she'll come in August, too, so asssuming all goes according to plan, the whole gang will be here--yay!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...