Thursday, February 23, 2006

House of Illness continues. Pat has no stamina--at 1:45, is now in bed again. He slept until 10:30 today. I made him breakfast, then went to the store. Several neighbors have kindly offered to run errands, etc., but I'd just as soon do it when I can. Good friend Leslie had invited us to dinner tonight, but I just called and said we'd have to get a raincheck. Friend Marge called to offer to help, and I know others would, too. Wish there were something to do, but there really isn't. I made spaghetti last night, which we both had, then unfortunately succumbed to the delicious cookies Barbara H. had brought over. I bought an acorn squash and will probably have that for lunch now. I'll see if Pat wants spaghetti leftovers, hot dogs and beans, or just cereal or something for dinner.

2 comments:

Mrs. Geezerette said...

Mimi, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

I see you have been battling a nasty cold sounds like. I am just now getting over one myself.

My hubby and I were taking care of two of our grandchildren last week while our daughter-in-law was in the hospital having a baby. Our grandchildren had bad colds. They were either coughing in my face or on my food. It is no wonder that I came down sick.

My hubby managed to stay healthy, but no wonder as he wasn't that physically involved with the children.

Mimi said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby! I'm thrilled over the ones I have (two, plus a great-) and would love more. Want to share?

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...