Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Well, put a bucket on my head and call me tubby! (No, that doesn't make sense, but this is my blog and I don't have to make sense.) I actually LOST 5.6 pounds this week! Can't explain it except that I've been just ignoring Weight Watcher wisdom, eating on the run, and scurrying around a lot.
Left for Virginia on Sunday morning, stopping only long enough to get coffee (with cream) and a roll with butter for breakfast. Arrived at the motel, found I had left both makeup and jewelry at home, ran out to buy something to put on my face, so didn't eat until the party.
And what a great time I had! Darling niece Chrissy has a fabulous house, wonderfully interesting with its artifacts from her stays and travels all over the world, its structure and paint perfectly in keeping. It's not at all pretentious, just a treat to see and learn about. Her decoration practically defines the word "eclectic"--an intriguing mix of new and old, familiar and foreign, large and small. It's impossible to describe here except to say it's the antithesis of cooky cutter.
Had a great time at the birthday party for big brother Jim. Lots of people there, including cherished niece Joannie and her Jim. Was so pleased, also, to see dear nephew Michael, in from the left coast for his Dad's big day. I had a chicken salad sandwich, several devilled eggs, two beers, and a luscious slab of birthday cake, so was hardly toeing the WW line.
The next day, met Jim, sister-in-law Therese, Chrissy and her gentleman friend (that's the little old lady in me coming out), Paul, for breakfast. Had poached eggs, toast, o.j., and hash browns, but who's counting points? After, at Joannie's invitation, I drove up (down, over, sideways--who the hell knows?) to her truly lovely home in Leesburg. Boy, I'd move right in there, too. It's got soaring ceilings, a loft, three comfortable bedrooms, a two-car garage, a wonderful deck that Jim built, and a spacious basement, plus more. I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't love the place. To top it off, it backs up to woods and a running path, a wonderfully serene and pleasant backdrop.
After an all-too-short visit with dear Joan, I drove back to God's Country (well, they don't make us pump our own gas, do they?) and said to Pat, "It's so good to be home."
And it was. Much as I love travel, and even after the wonderful time I had in Virginia, it was with a deep sign of contentment that I poured myself a glass of cream sherry, nibbled some pretzels, and watched a little of the Olympics. Turned in at 9 and, although the lousy cold is back with a vengeance, slept like a log. Pat seems to have contracted my cold and for him, it's not an annoyance, but a serious matter. He seems better today than yesterday, so we're keeping our fingers crossed, but I'm still laying low and staying close to home.
So-o-o, 5.6 pounds. That brings me to 182.8, which is 21.2 pounds off from my highest. What's ironic and makes me wonder what in the name of suet I'm doing, is the fact that I just ignored the whole WW dogma this past week. What will I do now? Dunno, but whatever comes down, I'll record it here.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...