Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Second entry for Wednesday: Want to mention that I went to exercise at 8--"Walking Away the Pounds, the Three-Mile Walk"--as I do three or more days a week. Will either walk through the neighborhood tomorrow or follow another strategy to get the exercise in. My doctor often repeats, "Exercise is the fountain of youth," and I heartily agree. I'm convinced that a strong factor leading to my mother's long and healthy life (she died at 97 after 95 good years) was SHE NEVER LEARNED TO DRIVE. That means she walked often and everywhere and not just around the block either. Regardless of weight, diet, or other variables, exercise is key to good health and long life. Naturally, there are no guarantees. Genetics count and if you smoke and drink a lot, or are 80 pounds overweight you might have a problem. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow or have a piano fall on you, but other things being equal, exercise is going to help a lot...

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...