Saturday, February 04, 2006

Had a fun day with Jen, Joel, and especially little Joel (3 1/2) yesterday. We went to Tootie's for lunch and, because there just isn't anything they serve that's not slathered with fat, I ordered a chicken salad sandwich. It came with soup (all loaded, of course), so I asked to substitute a salad. It was pretty bad--iceberg lettuce, two thin slices of anemic tomatoes, and blah shredded carrots--but I felt virtuous. I ate half the sandwich and saved the other half, which I ate about 5 pm. Took Joely to the park, so got at least some exercise with that.
Joel came in from work about 5:15 and we chatted for a while, then Pat and I drove home. We had no sooner walked in (about 7) than Mike called and very shortly after that, friend and next-door neighbor Frank came in to give Pat his birthday present (he and Barbara will be away the rest of February, so can't come to the party). He left a little after 8 and I had some pretzels (I'd estimate about 4 points) and a glass of sherry (maybe 5 more), then my Jello/yogurt dessert with FF topping (2 or 3). I didn't follow the program completely (skipping dinner in favor of wine and pretzels isn't recommended) but all in all, a pretty good WW day.
Friend Marge e-mailed me and we want to make a date for lunch; may go out today. In the meantime, I'm going out now to take a brisk walk.

3 comments:

concerned citizen said...

Hi! You sound like a real genuine person, faults & all. :)

Do you notice you talk about food, alot?

Oh, i get it...you are keeping track. (I can be a little slow).

i envy you being able to travel all over. What do you do when you go to those places? Just tourist stuff or research, or...?

concerned citizen said...

BTW, GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Mimi said...

Faults? What faults? I don't have any faults. (A joke, natch.)
I travel mostly because one of my sons lives in Tokyo--he's a teacher and is working on his doctorate--and the other lives in Singapore (area director of an international bank). One daughter lives in California and I'm going to visit her in April. Will go to London to in June to meet #2 son and his family vacationing there--he's springing for the trip and accommodations, I'm happy to say.
Love Asia, but have never been to Europe, so this will be a first--yay!
As for the Seahawks, who are they? We're Eagles fans and are still mourning last year...

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...