Friday, March 31, 2023

Thursday

 Lora sent the pictures from Tuesday at Villa Alamar and here are three:       

Evident here, Betty has gained a startling amount of weight; in the atrium.                                                                              

                          Above, Betty is pointing to one of our baby pictures in the album I brought.

            More in the album.  

Lora had texted two other pictures, but unfortunately, when I tried to transfer, I accidentally deleted them. I'll see her today at T.O.P.S. and ask her to re-send.

I had trouble with the Internet connection--or something--and signed up for something called Restora. It seems to have remedied the situation--good thing, for forty-two bucks.

Left to meet Diane and found my remote wouldn't open the Hill Street gate. I went around to Woodland Avenue and the back gate, and that wouldn't open, either. Luckily, one of the  neighbors was driving out and she clicked it open. Hours later, when I came home, I couldn't open the front gate on Telegraph, either. After T.O.P.S. this morning, I'll stop into the office and get a new remote.

Diane and I, having brought our own lunches, sat, ate, and talked happily for--oh, three hours. When we finally parted, I bused to Michelle's, my tax accountant, at Cypress Place to pick up my concrete return (at my request, she had also sent me the digital version, which I immediately forwarded to Mike). I didn't stay, as I knew she was under the gun to finish up her clients' returns--just gave her a check for her fee, and said goodbye.

Walked to the Telegraph Road Von's (not the one near me) to get coffee they had advertised on sale, but that's not available until today, so I'll wait. Got the 11 bus to the transit center, then the 6 home, so I didn't get in until 5:30.    

NOTE: Good grief, after years of the bland, same-old, tame-old "theme" on this blog, I changed it. Not sure if I like it and, in fact, I thought I would have the beach scene I selected at the top, but it's not there. I'm sorry  I did it and may switch back or to something else.


2 comments:

Mimi said...

Pat, do you see this comment? I had no problem putting it on. At the bottom of the entries, it says "Post A Comment." Not sure why you didn't see that.

iloveac said...

OK, I see it now.
BTW Betty didn't gain that weight simply because she isn't walking...too many calories have gone in. They need to monitor her ...that weightt is dangerous. I understand about her being content and maybe decreasing her caloric intake would not be the way to go at this point.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...