Friday, March 24, 2023

Thursday And Thriving

And that's mostly because of good friends. Early on, I got a very welcome text from my friend, Leslie. She and Dennis, and Pat and I, were down-the-street neighbors for fifteen years or so, until Pat died and I moved away. Leslie is considerably younger than I am (about 13 years, I think), yet she and I bonded in a special way. I somehow believe, although she was never in the same circumstances, that she understands my feelings about my dear twin better than anyone else besides family.  I can't explain that, I just feel it, so it was good to hear from her. (They're now in Florida, where they spend the winter months, but will return to Jersey.) 

I then dressed, had breakfast, got my cart, and walked down to the Hill Street CafĂ© to meet Diane for lunch at 12:30. What a great time we had! Since the  glorious sun was streaming down, we sat out on the patio, and that was lovely. It's hard to believe, but we didn't leave for three hours, we had so much to talk about. Finally, I walked Diane to the bus stop, then strolled on to The Market and Wal-Mart. Picked up a few items, but not the large paper clips I wanted. Why not? Because neither place had them. A few months ago, neither had regular boxes of long envelopes; I ended up buying a huge box that cost me ten bucks. Weird that only certain things seem in short supply.

While I was in Wal-Mart, Jim called. He had seen information about the Malcolm McDowell thing at the museum to which he and I are going tomorrow. He hadn't realized there was a charge for non-members, but I assured him it was my treat, since I am a member, so technically--or something--the two of us will attend for the price of one. I asked him to come to my place at 5:00 and we'll have a  light supper first. Later, when I made my reservation on-line, I was asked how many would attend, put in "two," the admission total came up $0.00, so there seems to be no charge after all. Not sure what's up with that.

A while ago, somebody on Facebook's Free Photo Restoration and Colorization colored my mother's wedding picture:

But yesterday, somebody on "Vintage Philadelphia" did the same thing. This, I actually like better than the earlier colorization--it's softer, more subtle, and looks more like my Mom:


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...