Saturday, March 11, 2023

Flooded Friday

Maybe not flooded, but it rained all day! Cheryl picked me up for T.O.P.S. and only Lora and Bev showed up otherwise. I had worked  up a program, but suggested we skip it and just get weighed, then scram, to which all agreed. We just chatted for a bit, got weighed, then left. I stayed the same at home: 129.6 and lost a smidgen--.06--at the T.O.P.S. scale at 130.2. Got home, had breakfast, changed clothes, then readied myself for lunch at Diane's.

Luckily, I had called for the Access Van and it picked me up a bit after noon and got me to Diane's twenty or so minutes later. Even so, I was sorry I hadn't worn boots; in the time it took for me to  walk to the complex entrance, my ballerinas were soaked. 

Got to Diane's and was surprised to see her table set for only two, as I had thought her friends were coming, also. No, she had had them over on Thursday and they had left for Mexico (just a visit) that morning, so it was just us. As I hostess gift, I brought her a small decanter of the last of my Irish crème and she greatly appreciated it.

Diane served a truly delicious Italian style meal: bean stew, cannolis, peasant bread, and biscotti, accompanied by plenty of Chardonnay. (Yes, red is more traditional with Italian, but I like both.) We ate and talked and talked and talked--about our backgrounds, our children, other family, and more intimate stuff. 

The Access Van took me home about 3:30 and I stopped in at Vickie's on my way to my place (it was still steadily coming down). We chatted for a bit and she showed me the laptop Suzanne had given her, having received it, I think, from the mother house. Vickie told about her plan to have Mary's ashes mixed with others; it's considerably less expensive, it seems, then other methods. Personally, I don't have much interest in what happens to my remains. I intend to donate my body to science, then it will be cremated and the ashes buried in my husband's and my grave in Jersey. However, if my children want to do something else with them, that 's fine by me.      

Got my bill from the electric company, showing a credit of $22.41, incredible since I've had the heat on more the past month or so than I ever did before. I guess I overpaid.     

I hope I finally was able to shrink this enough for editor Carolee to use it for the BCNN "yearbook." Sent it to her and got back at reply about attaching instead of putting it in the body of the email. Did seo, sent it back, and if this doesn't work, I give up and will just omit my picture.

1 comment:

I love AC said...

Such a good picture of you. Do not omit it.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...