Friday, March 10, 2023

Things On Thursday

Stella texted me early to see if we could meet and after a barrage of texts back and forth, I said I'd bus to the Transit Center and she could pick me up there. She did and we drove to the beach at Seaward Avenue. It was chilly, breezy, and overcast, but picturesque: 

We went to a place called "Social Tap" with lots of craft beers and the usual type of food. We enjoyed it, but I was surprised at the cost; I had a hamburger and a beer and, with tip, the tab came to $32.48. I can remember when a fairly nice dinner would cost you that, but oh, well, easy come, easy...

On the wall was this collage made out of license plates:

Stella had some purple and white highlights put in her hair and I thought it looked very cute. Of course, she's just a kid; won't turn 80 until April:

We ate, then strolled around for just a bit, but it wasn't really good strolling weather. We left and went the The Market on Loma Vista. From there, I told Stella I'd walk to the Transit Center, which I did as  she drove home. While I was waiting for the 10, Ellen called and we had a good talk. I told her how very surprised and thrilled I was at what Greg wrote on my Instagram page (or whatever you call it).

Home at 5:00 and I finished up preparing for T.O.P.S. today. Damn, I had committed to do the program, otherwise, I would have skipped. As it was, I just dug out some old questionnaires I had devised two years ago; will have the group do, then use as jumping off points for discussion.  

Business Note: I revised the lease for my Jersey house to make it month-to-month and (electronically, of course) sent it to Susan and Cliff to initial; they did and sent it back. I forwarded to management and fervently hope they don't have a problem with it.

Social Note: Called the Access Van and will be picked up for lunch at Diane's today; also, will be driven home. Why not take the bus, as usual? Because rain all day is predicted. Speaking of--Bobbi just texted me that she won't be at T.O.P.S. this morning because she doesn't want to drive in it.

Physical Note: I've developed an annoying sleep pattern for the last week or so. I go to bed at my usual, between 9:00 and 9:30, read for fifteen or so, fall asleep right away, but then awaken sometime between 2 and 3. I get up for the usual, then find it hard to get back. I try to force myself to stay in bed until 4:30, but it's a bore. What's more, my arthritis has been bothering me, now more in my left knee. 

Philosophical Note: Things could be worse! 😁

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...