Thursday, March 16, 2023

Wonderful Wednesday

 Wow, we worship Wednesday with wild wackiness! 

Okay, I'll stop. It was, though, a good (maybe "wonderful" is an exaggeration) day for a lot of reasons. It didn't start off that way--was raining steadily in the morning. However, it stopped early on and after a cloudy period, the sun came out, the sky turned blue, and that was so-o-o good.

Also good was the fact that editor Carolee and I were finally able to get my picture in the right format for the BCNN yearbook. It isn't the picture I wanted, in fact, it's one I dislike, but now I can quit dealing with it, which is a relief.

Another good: I was able to get on Messenger and send to my nephews and nieces the info about my Dad's high school years. I also sent it to my children and grandson, and put it on Facebook, PLUS...

...very good: I gave up trying to get anybody from the Villanova Alumni Office to call me back and called Admissions, then a few other departments. The person at Communications directed me to the archivist (Beaudry--I never saw that name before--Allen) and said they have digital archives of yearbooks! I think it's too much to hope the 1922 one is digitized OR that they'd let me buy an actual book, but at least I'll see if I can get somebody to copy what pertains to my Dad. Called Ms. Allen and left a message.

A goodie, too: This book, which my friend, Pat, had mentioned in her blog, came in and I bused to town to the library to get it:

I probably won't start it for awhile, as I'm still reading Superpatriotism and also picked up one of Stephen King's anthologies at the library. When I read serious stuff (the other two mentioned), I like to intersperse it with junk. I look at it as something like the practice of clearing the palate with a bland food during a sumptuous meal.  

Doubleplusgood:* When I got back from town, I found that Vickie had left a bag on my door with two beautiful avocados in it.

Gooder and Gooder: I was able to get into, with no problem, the Fractured Actors Zoom meeting last night. It was a recap of the planning meeting I attended in January, but it clarified some things, so I was glad to "attend."

"It's all good": I first heard that phrase from my niece, Chrissy, and I like it. My big brother, Jimmy, was her Dad and next month, it will be a year since he died. That isn't good, of course, but the fact that he graced the world with his presence for 97 years, is. Here's a picture I took of them when I visited in Virginia eight years ago, before they moved to Bangkok:
*From 1984, that sadly prophetic book in which Orwell imagines a future where words are dropped from the language, so "Newspeak" will narrow thought. To an extent (obvious at the barely literate level of social media), I believe that is happening now.  

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...