Thursday, March 02, 2023

Wishy-Washy Wednesday

Kind of a tame day. Julie picked me up for the BCNN meeting and off we went to the harbor in a fierce wind and cold, cold temp. As it turned out, the speaker, from the DA's office whose topic was scams on seniors, was late, so one of the BCNN officers spoke about the same thing. She cautioned us that scammers are out there in droves, all from other countries, all trying to get our money and I guess you're supposed to hide under the bed or something. It was intensely boring. 

What wasn't was the spectacular snow show on the mountains: 

When the "victim advocate" from the D.A.'s office finally arrived, it got more interesting. She told some hair-raising stories about scams, including one about a woman who met a scammer in the Wal-Mart parking lot and gave him a bag of cash. One wonders how anybody could be that...uh, never mind.  One of the members stood up and said she was scammed out of $20,000--ouch!

Margarita had asked me to save her a seat, which I did, but she came over before the program to say she had brought a friend and was at another table. Julie asked if I wanted to join them and thanks, but no thanks, and I think Margarita may be off my I-want-to-know-her-better list. Neither Julie nor I wanted to go to the lunch after and Julie isn't going to the next meeting. It's about wigs and I'm not sure I want to go either. She isn't gong to T.O.P.S. tomorrow, as she said she gained a lot on her three-week cruise, which was followed by a week in Arizona. 

Had a quick lunch, then went over to Von's for a few small things. I'm going to WinCo this morning with Suzanne and still have a fair amount on my list. Talked to Ellen and we made a date for Sunday; I want to get a new desk chair and will search some possibilies on-line, but hope I can pick it up locally.  

The exciting news is that I got a voice mail message from the admissions director at Villanova, who asked for my email address and said he'd found some info on my father in the 1918 yearbook and would send it to  me. Also, the mystery about the track and debating teams may be partly solved, as he alluded to a pic of the track team. Can't wait to get the results and share them with kin!

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...