Thursday, January 26, 2023

Walkin' Out Wednesday

At 9:30, I "walked out" with Suzanne to WinCo and stocked up on a lot, especially heavier items. Home about 11:00 and put things away, then bussed to town. It was a little chilly, but sunny, and I got to Dargan's Irish Restaurant early. Just as I sat down--outside on the patio--my brother, Larry, called. He was at the beach (Florida, 80 degrees) and we had a nice chat until Noreen came.

They have traditional Irish food (Irish stew, bangers and mash, and a few others),  but I got the soup and half-sandwich, clam chowder and a Reuben, plus a good Irish ale. Food was delish and Noreen and I sat and talked for a few hours before we parted.

On my way to the bus, I stopped into a thrift store and saw a small shelved cart. Just what I want for the closet, I thought, so I bought it and took it home on the bus. However, when I tried it in the closet, it was a bit too wide, so I rearranged both the hall closet and the bedroom one. I think things are a little more accessible now, but I'd still like shelving.

Called Ellen and she's fully recovered, it seems, having tested negative for days. She goes back to work today. Jim and Diane are coming for lunch today and I'll have to hustle to prepare. It's supposed to be relatively warm, so I decided on turkey or chicken sandwiches, with sides of crystal pickles and devilled eggs, and orange cake for dessert. Diane wants to bring red wine and I have plenty of white and, if anyone wants it, cream sherry for after while we read scripts.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...