Friday, January 13, 2023

A Fine Time In Town On Thursday

Bussed to town early, which was good, as I had time to stroll into some shops.  Although pretty quiet, it was great to be back. Met Diane at Peirano's at noon, sat on the patio across from the mission and the fountain, and we had a fine time. Our talk ranged over a wide spectrum, including childhood beliefs, spiritualism, "functional medicine," and the Krishnamurti Center. 

I was surprised Diane has never been to the latter, since he was a well-known philosopher throughout the world. I've been to the place he founded (he died some years ago) in the hills above Ojai--very serene, as is the building. There's a school there, too. The director is Michael Krohnen, with whom Greg is friendly; he gave me Krohnen's book The Kitchen Chronicles/1001 Lunches with J. Krishnamurti for Christmas. Diane, being very much into all kinds of off-the-grid esoteric ideas, was fascinated and asked me to ask Greg if he might be interested in going to a seminar at the Center for Spiritual Living on retirement. That's on Tuesday, I have no interest in it, but maybe Greg will. She also asked me to give him an announcement about the "Live to be 120" seminar she's trying to get off the ground. 

We stayed talking and had a fine time for almost three hours, then parted, she to get the Access Van, I to stop in here and there, then bus home. Stopped at Von's for an onion, as I have cucumbers and want to make a batch of crystal pickles. 

T.O.P.S. today and I fear I'm going the wrong way when I comes to weight--"Mimi, you're supposed to be taking it off, not putting it on!" 

Topped off the day by doing a jigsaw of Ellen's kitties in a box. For some reason, the jigsaw wouldn't copy, but here's the original picture:

2 comments:

iloveac said...

They are so cute...look like twins..what are their names?

Mimi said...

They are twins, actually. Their names are Gwendolyn (Gwennie) and Cecily (Cessie). Actually, Greg named them for the two women who were on "The Odd Couple," neighbors of Oscar and Felix. Ellen got them from a kitty rescue place in San Diego about 5 years ago. Now they're grown, of course. I still can't tell them apart.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...