Saturday, January 07, 2023

Friday, Free Of Crapola

Above: son Mike sent a screenshot of our family Zoom meeting the day after Christmas. 

As promised, Ellen got here at 1:00, after her hair appointment. We loaded my precious and valuable possessions (aka crapola) into the car, then walked over to Lalo's for lunch. I hadn't been there before, as it's relatively new, and I liked it a lot. Interestingly, we saw that it's an Italian restaurant, but the other Lalos in the area feature Mexican cuisine. No matter, Ellen had a club sandwich, which was enormous, I a meatball (I thought I was back in Jersey); we chased them with a diet Coke and a beer (guess who). Delicious and we each brought home half. 

We then drove to Goodwill and unloaded the goods; you can be sure I got a receipt and will take the value off my income tax. Back home to chat for a bit until Ellen left and I was thrilled to realize I had been relieved of so much. 

I then played around with yet more digital jigsaws, including this one. Hmm...I recognize Betty, but who is that lovely lady seated at the table and looking through a Holy Spirit High School yearbook?    

Finally, I did the same to the ancestral home: 1155 Lower Ferry Road, Ewing, NJ., where we brought up our children and lived for 41 years:
I made the mistake of taking a nap after dinner--was just sleepy--but I paid for it, as it's now 4:08 am. Usually, I stay in bed when this happens and eventually go back to sleep. However, I was restless, so got up. I hope to get sleepy enough to go back to bed. 

3 comments:

iloveac said...

That was such a good visit. Now, I'm just a puzzle piece. Betty looks great.

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
When you complete a puzzle does the app allow you to save it as an image or do you take a photo of it with your phone? The app I use lets me save it as an image with no puzzle marks and I use them on the top of my blog. Just curious.

Mimi said...

Pat, my phone doesn't get involved at all; I take a picture via screenshot on the laptop. As for the puzzle marks, I keep them on there because I already have the original picture. I file the puzzle under descriptions, such as "jigsaw pat r and betty," so I have both. BTW, what app do you use for jigsaw puzzles?

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...