Saturday, January 28, 2023

Free Friday

Free of social engagements, that is; I did go to T.O.P.S. Home,  I had stayed the same as last week: 130.6, but at the meeting, I lost nine-tenths of a pound (damn, why couldn't it have been a whole pound?!), so was at 130.7. I was taken aback and secretly glad when our new member, Carol, calmly questioned why our group doesn't concentrate on weight subjects. As it turned out, we then did deviate from the usual, meandering, anything-under-the-sun,-including-Sharon's great-grandchildren, and actually did talk about "weighty" (ha!) subjects. 

Carol also volunteered to do the program next week. I find her interesting, as she had lived in Bangkok; she and her husband were both employed there, but strangely, when I asked if she worked for the (U.S.) government, she said she "wasn't sure." Hmm...I brought a card for Sharon, who was to be released from rehab yesterday and everyone put some cheery words on and signed it. 

Didn't get breakfast until after 10:00, ate, and then resolved not to go out until I got some of the stuff done I've left hanging for too long. That included reading and signing my new lease; selecting the hundred bucks worth of OTC goods I get every three months from Blue Shield; checking my bank accounts to be sure all if up to date; and a few other chores. When I looked at my email, there was something else: A message from my tenant, Susan, agreeing to pay the rent raise I had sent (not as much as the raise in my rent, though) and telling me she and Cliff were going to buy a house in North Carolina (their house in Florida having been destroyed in the hurricane). She asked if I would send a signed letter to the effect that they always paid the rent on time; if possible, by express mail, which she said she'd pay. I immediately wrote the letter and walked to the post office to send; it cost $28.00 and will get there on Monday. I called Susan from there and she was very grateful--gee, I hate to lose them as tenants. Later, I got a text from her that Cliff's brother asked if I would consider selling the house. Now, there's a question I'll ponder.  To be continued...

On a more interesting note, here's my masked magnet lady with curls of clay:

 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...