Monday, January 23, 2023

Sunday: A Sumptuous Lunch, A Show, And Soup

Followed my usual Sunday routine, the essential parts being coffee and the crossword, of course. Julie and Lora picked me up at 11:30 and off we went to the Conejo Theatre in Thousand Oaks. We had plenty of time for lunch and ate at the Buca Restaurant. It's Italian and a kind of "family style" type, in that your order is big enough for three (or more).  Lora insisted on treating us and, with Julie and my enthusiastic approval, ordered first a salad, then ravioli. Both were huge; not only did we eat our fill, but Lora was able to take home enough for her husband's dinner. She then ordered a hot fudge and brownie sundae that came in a huge--well, here it is with Julie and Lora:

I don't think the picture shows its actual size; it was certainly more than a foot tall and must have contained at least a quart of ice cream, plus brownies, whipped cream and toppings. I love the expressions: Julie looks as if she's gazing at some lovely apparition (or maybe a winning lottery ticket) and Lora seems smug and defiant: (yeah, I ordered it and we're gotta eat it and whattaya gonna do about it?).  We shared, of course, and couldn't even finish it all. Anyway, it was quite a culinary experience. 

We got to the theatre in plenty of time for the 2:00 show and I was surprised to see Shannon taking the tickets. She greeted me with a big hug and I was happy to see her. 
I thought the play itself was pretty dated, but had such fun seeing Jeff, Bryan, and Anthony in it. After, Jeff came out and we also hugged. I'm going to be seeing them next Saturday at a gathering of Fractured Actors--my tribe--called by leaders Jeff and Shannon and that should be fun.

Got home about 5:00 and, as I was passing Vickie's place, she was just driving up. She invited me in--I stayed for only about ten minutes--and we discussed her problems with one of Mary's daughter. I hope that's resolved soon.

Ellen called while I was having dinner and, happy day, she's feeling better, having taken the medicine  prescribed for COVID. She'll be home at least until Wednesday and was making arrangements for a sub. 

Mike send pictures of Paula and Violet making the French onion soup: 
(Wow, Violet is now taller than her Mum.)
YUMMY-YUM! 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...