Saturday, January 14, 2023

A Fair Day On Friday

Remarkably, considering how much I threw cushion to the winds at times, I lost both at home and at T.O.P.S.--miniscule amounts, but hey, down is down. At home, it was .04 to 131.6; at T.O.P.S., .02 to 130.7. I was pleased that, at long last, Cheryl came back. She had been a member, but drifted away and I hadn't seen her for more than a year. Also, Bobbi, chemo regime finished, came and that was good. So with the regulars, Lora, Julie, and me, there were five. 

Didn't get breakfast until 10:30--I was starved--and after I ate, I was determined to go to town, although I had been there on Thursday. Packed a lunch, took my cart, and bused there. It was good to be back and the weather wasn't back; it actually got mildly sunny for a bit and I enjoyed where I often lunch if I'm by myself, across from the mission. 

Diane emailed me, asking me about the Kristnamurdi Center. She said she had contacted Stella, to whom I had introduced her years ago, and she's interested, too; they plan to go to the center today. However, I called Ellen and she said the roads may be impassable, also that the terrain may be impossible for Diane. I had forgotten that motor vehicles park below a semi-steep grade, which visitors have to negotiate. Also, it's supposed to rain again today and tomorrow, which will make it more problematic. Ellen advised me to tell Diane not to go over the weekend; also, that Diane can called Michael, the director, and ask his advice, too. I called Diane and, as it turned out, she had already called Michael. I told her what Ellen had said and she was glad to have been alerted.  

On the way home, I stopped at Von's for ten pounds of frozen, uncooked shrimp, which they have on sale periodically. Stowed it in the freezer, jumped in the shower, selected an outfit to wear to the funeral today, then just happily vegged out.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...