Thursday, January 05, 2023

It was raining again when I got up, but luckily, quit later and the sun came out. Called Great Clips to see if I could grab the first appointment with Maria--I could and I did, just for a trim. When I got home, I saw that Vickie had texted me Mary's obituary. It's a gem, really; made me sorry I had never met her real self, only the demented one. I wasn't sure how Mary's marriage and later change of orientation would be handled, but I think it was perfectly done. The emphasis was on Vickie's and her long relationship, but her ex is mentioned; he had been mayor of Ventura. Here's the link:

https://www.currentobituary.com/member/obit/272106

I added a few things to my Goodwill donations, had a quick lunch, then took the 6 bus to Telephone Road, so I could get the 11 to WinCo.  Got off and immediately ran into LaVonne, who was also on her way to WinCo, so we had a convivial time riding together. Got spinach, a bag of grapefruit, and other such goodies, then went out to the bus stop. When I looked at my phone, I was pleased to see a text from Margarita, the woman I had met at the BCNN meeting. Texted her back that I'd call her when I got home; did so, and we had a nice chat. Made a date to meet her at Jasmine Thai for lunch on Tuesday--my calendar is filling up pretty fast.   

Called Ellen and she'll be here today to take me to Goodwill, but we'll have lunch together, too--always a favorite activity of mine. 

Okay, I can't resist showing off more digital jigsaws, the first Betty and me after our First Communion. I'm glad Mom's wearing that hat. I remember it so well and yes, it was probably the most peculiar ladies' hat I've ever seen. Those circles were formed by feathers in varying shades of magenta and cream and they just kind of sat on the little yarmulke-like base. Who could have designed such a thing? 

Now here's Pat with his first grandchild, Joel. That baby's birthday is tomorrow and he will be forty-one  years old. Boggles the mind...




 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...