Friday, January 20, 2023

Thursday And Town

Spent a lot of the morning on finances and paperwork; paid bills (electronically) and pulled up the info on my house and its tenants.  About 5 am on Wednesday, I had texted Dianne (she gets up at 4:00) to see what day she was available for lunch--today, so we'll meet at The Urbane Cafe at noon. After lunch, I did yet more jigsaws; see below. One is of my great-nephew, Vic Micalucci, the TV commentator on JAX (Jacksonville) and me when he was here 18 months ago. The other is, of course, Suzanne, when we visited St. John's where she used to work.

I then decided I had to get out, although the weather was iffy--chilly and with wind. Sunshine had been promised and it was there early on, but later, I could see gray clouds above the hills. Okay, if I got wet, I got wet, it wasn't going to kill me. As it turned out, by the time I got to town, it was sunny again. I just strolled around--it was very quiet--stopped at a few shops, but bought only a gift holder for wine (woman to a candle she's lighting: "Somebody else is going to get lit tonight.") Hardy, har, har.

Bused home and cooked up some great shrimp for dinner. Along with spinach and the chicken pasta left over from Tuesday, it was yum.


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...