Sunday, January 29, 2023

Fractured Saturday

I got to the 10:00 Fractured Actors meeting and was delighted to see my colleagues; lots of hugs all around. After coffee, doughnuts, and a bit of socializing, Erica Connell, one of the board members (and, incidentally, one of the best actors in the group) gave a presentation on the new things shaping up for the group. It's going to become much more professional, for one thing, and plans are underway to 1.) get outside funding* and 2.) attain non-profit status. There are lots of other things in the works, but this is the only picture I took--Erica* and the final screen.

Anyway, it was enjoyable and bodes well for the future. I wish I had stayed longer to socialize a little more, but Ken offer to drop me off at Market Street and I took him up on it. From there, I bused to the mall and BevMo, where I got a bottle of whiskey, as I want to make more Irish Creme. 

For some reason, I felt a little down when I got home. I sure wasn't going to hang out there, so I packed my lunch, took my cart, and bused to town. Ate at my favorite spot across from the mission and cheered up. It was a nice day--still a little too chilly for my taste, but sunny and without much wind--and I browsed the shops and enjoyed the crowds. Didn't get home until 5:00.

I was delighted when Mike and Paula video-messaged me about 7:30. Paula was making bagels--we're talking making the dough, boiling it, kneading, and several other steps. Their "honey man" was due momentarily to deliver the honey, which he makes in Malaysia. I hadn't been in their present home and I asked Mike to show me around. Is it similar to my little one-bedroom? Not exactly; for openers, it has six full baths and, of course, spectacular views, as it's way up.  Talked to them and Violet and enjoyed it so much.

After that, I called Jim and we had a nice chat. We'll be going to the re-scheduled Dudley House Pot Luck on Wednesday.

* Erica is only in her late forties, but she has severe arthritis, which has crippled both her hands, the right, especially. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...