Thursday, January 12, 2023

Non-Wet Wednesday

Happily, the rain held off, as I  had places to go. The Access Van took me to my 11:00 doctor's appointment and the driver got there in time, but just barely. He was new and pointed out that SO-FI Apartments has no street number on the façade, so he couldn't initially find it.  I'm going to notify management about this. BTW, I was amused that, during the fifteen-minute ride, the driver had on--loudly--what my husband would describe as a "holy roller" or "bible thumping" station. I heard a solemn lecture about scripture, the sins of the world, and the path to righteousness 😇, which I happily stepped off years ago.😈

Even so, all, it seems, is pretty well with my various hormones and workings, according to to the endocrinologist. I bused home, had lunch, then walked to Smart 'n' Final for chicken, cabbage, and other goodies.  As soon as I got in, I oiled and seasoned the chicken and put it in the oven, using the method I found on-line that makes the most tender and delicious chicken (325 for an hour, then 400 for ten or so minutes).  Quartered the red cabbage and put it in the slow cooker. I usually add a cut-up apple, but didn't have any, so tried a combination of burgundy wine, vinegar, and a raspberry walnut vinaigrette. 

Suzanne texted to see if I wanted to go to WinCo this morning, but I'm meeting Diane for lunch in town at noon, plus I'm pretty well stocked up. (Of course--it never fails--I overlooked a few things, but I can  get them at Von's today.) S. then stopped in at my invitation, because I had forgotten to tell her Sharon's news (the 51-pound loss). We firmed up plans for the funeral on Saturday; I'll go with her, but she won't attend the luncheon after, as I will. I want to meet Mary's daughters in a social setting, as I was so impressed with the obituary and the tribute they wrote. 

Ellen called to say that school had, indeed, been closed on Tuesday because of the downpour. She was still driving home (at 5:00 pm) on the 33 and traffic was inching along. The road was backed up because two of the other three roads in Ojai were closed, presumably because of mud slides. Happily, it didn't rain yesterday, in fact, was nice and sunny, although somewhat chilly with a high of only 60.

I emailed Lynn and Sheri, of Dudley House, to explain what happened with Jim and me on Monday.  Just as well we didn't get there, I guess: Lynn wrote that the basement, which is where we meet, had flooded, so presumably, the meeting didn't take place, anyway.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...