Monday, January 30, 2023

Sunday And The Super Bowl

Still feeling a little down and what didn't help is that it's so cold, mostly in the forties. All right, that can't compare to the cold on the right coast, but still...

However, I perked up some when I turned my attention to Molloy's Irish Creme. I made a batch of it, put it in two glass decanters, and stowed it in the fridge. It will keep for at least a month (probably longer, as the whiskey is a preservative), and I'll have some for guests. 

Did a white wash with sheets and towels, re-made the bed, and--finally--tackled a chore I've been putting off for eons, it seems--i.e., organizing my recipe book:



I have a habit of looking up and printing recipes from the Internet and I had carelessly just stuffed the papers in here and there. Yesterday, I spent almost the whole afternoon examining every one (and there are certainly a hundred or more), categorizing them, discarding the duplicates and ones I know I'll never follow, and using the three-hole punch on those I hadn't bothered to do before. Of course, I don't make things every day that require a recipe, but I like to have them available when I have company or just feel like something special myself.

After that, I did yet another jigsaw, this of two of my dear brothers, Larry--in knickers!--and little Frank--in those socks!

 
Just as I was making dinner--I modified the salmon recipe above and it was yum--Sharon called. She was released from rehab on Friday and we had a long talk. I tried to encourage her to follow the exercise routine faithfully, but she needs to learn to walk again and that's not going to be easy. 

Robyn, Betty's daughter-in-law, put this on Facebook:
Hey! I made a couple of hats for a Super Bowl commercial and they are in the teaser that just aired during the Eagles/SF game!!! MavenCraft Studios made the beautiful uniforms. #mpc705 #mavencraftstudios
How excited Betty would be if only she could see and grasp this! She was an avid--not to say rabid--football fan--and she would have been thrilled. 😥 (When I saw this yesterday, I thought the Super Bowl was already on; had to look it up to find it's not for another two weeks.)

Just woke up at 4:39, a little too early, but 5:00 is my usual, so I'm okay with it.  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...