Monday, January 09, 2023

Sunday, Sharon, A Social Session, And A Scene

I took an hour nap yesterday, from about 7:00 to 8:00 am; felt livelier after. Had breakfast, did the crossword (annoyingly obscure and I only got about three-quarters of it), then decided to walk to The Market and Wal-Mart. Did so and was glad to find the only barrettes I like at the latter. Just got a few other things, then, having taken one of those tuna salad and crackers from home, ate that for lunch in the park I like on Victoria Avenue.

Bused home and called Sharon, who is starting her second week of rehab. This is not, of course, for any kind of addiction, but is an attempt to remedy her leg infection and other maladies. I'm not optimistic for her; she seems to resist both food restriction and exercise. She's well over 100 pounds overweight and has been for the six years I've known her, although a member of T.O.P.S. But I'll be damned if I'll take a high and mighty, tsk-tsk, it's all your fault attitude. She's trapped, I'm afraid, in her condition, and I'm pretty sure death is the only way she'll escape it. Speaking of death, I made a donation to the Alzheimer's Association in memory of Mary.

Went next door to Suzanne's for our 4:30 "social session" with her and Vickie and we enjoyed getting together. I was amused that Suzanne's brother and SIL had given her two bottles of non-alcoholic wine for Christmas, a red and a white. Unless you read the label--or drink it--you couldn't tell they don't have a kick. Vickie had some, I declined, as I've had virgin wine before and it's vile. Why anyone would drink it or, for that matter, the non-alcoholic beer Suzanne likes is beyond me, but hey, no accounting for taste. As for me, I brought my unapologetic IPA and we had a convivial visit. 

This magnificent picture of the Ventnor boardwalk was on Facebook and I enjoyed making it a jigsaw. (For some reason, I can't copy that configuration.)

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...