Wednesday, December 15, 2021

"Dinner Is Served."

Rather, it was, last night, and it was a great success. Ellen and Greg, then Jim, got here about 5:15; I first served Margaritas and appetizers while we sat chatting in the living room. Greg and Jim got along well--they're similar types, for one thing, plus were both brought up Catholics. (Of course, all four of us were.)  Greg had been in the seminary for a year, then left and had wanted to major in philosophy, which Jim teaches  at the college here. Hey, they were Plato-ing, Sartre-ing. and Schopenhauer-ing all over the place. The salmon turned out delicious (roasted on a bed of lemon and onion slices, plus fresh dill and basil) and Greg even asked for the recipe. The rest of the meal was mundane, but good: butternut sqaush, roasted potatoes, crystal pickles, and lemon cake. Of course, this was accompanied by cabernet (of course, seafood calls for white, but I don't care).

I was busy preparing for my company early on, then walked to the P.O. to send their Christmas presents to the boys in Bordentown. Stopped at Von's on the way home for the Margaritas.  

I also had a annoying run-in with Chase, my mortgage company. I got a letter saying I had underpaid by almost sixty bucks a month. What? That's ridiculous, as I've had the payment automatically deducted from my bank account and sent for years.  Called and found out escrow was wanting because of a rise in property taxes and/or homeowners insurance. I got it taken care of, but it took a while.

I was a little worried El and Greg wouldn't be able to come because of the weather (light rain, but it throws these Californians into a tizzy), but happily, it cleared up. They stayed until almost 8:00 after a very enjoyable evening. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to my next set of dinner guests, Suzanne, Vickie, and Mary.



  



 

2 comments:

Pat said...

Rosemary, I envy your apparent ease of throwing a dinner party. Any more than one or two guests and I'd be in a tizzy. The salmon sounds delicious. Tomorrow, have another good one with the ladies.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat. I do like to entertain. Arranging it in a one-bedroom apartment after a fair-sized house, is an adjustment, but fun. When am I going to have the privilege of entertaining Miss Patti R. here, anyway?

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...