Thursday, December 16, 2021

Wash, Dessert, Olivia, And Lemons

Put in a color wash before breakfast and had it washed, dried, folded, and put away right after I finished my oatmeal. Then walked to Smart 'N' Final and the shop next door for rolls, lemon cake, and believe it or not, port. I've been anxious to have some for a while--it's probably been twenty years--and it just seems like an enjoyable and festive top-off to a meal.

Speaking of which: I'm a little ashamed for not making dessert for tonight from scratch, but I just didn't feel like it. I still have blended blueberries left over, plus another cup of heavy cream to whip, so I'll just duplicate what I served E., G., and J. 

And speaking of them: Greg texted me to say how much he enjoyed the meal and especially, meeting Jim. He mentioned how good the salmon was and I texted him the recipe. Then El called on her way home from work to tell me the same, sans the recipe. Jim called later--a repeat of their sentiments. All that was so good to hear. 

About 4:30, Olivia called to ask if she could stop over. Sure, and she did. She brought her notice of leaving letter she had sent management and showed me their letter in return. She is vacating the apartment on January 21 and, if I'm not away, asked that I go with her when maintenance inspects the apartment; she's convinced they're try to accuse her of damage or something. I was surprised to hear she has never used the dishwasher and suggested she do, at least once, just to be sure it has no problem. (She also said she had never used the oven.) I agreed to go with her Friday morning when she responds to management's subsequent letter. I forgot about T.O.P.S. tomorrow, so will call her and see if we can make it 10:30 or so.  I'm still at a loss to understand what the real facts are here, but I can at least accompany her. She did sit a distance from me on the couch, but I was pleased to see she removed her mask while we talked--I think that means she trusts me.

Here are the beautiful lemons El brought me from her tree; the one outside the basket is a giant! I'll freeze many of them and have them for months.




No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...