Friday, December 10, 2021

Olivia, Julie, Suzanne, And Others

(Olivia came over in the morning and I put an account of what went on at the end below.)

Julie came at noon and picked me--and my donations--up. We went to The Coalition to drop them off, then to Aloha, where she treated me to my birthday lunch. We then went to her condo and chatted for an hour or so. The condo is very nice--two bedrooms and two baths, with garage and lots of big windows, as well as several patios and grass areas. Boy, I'd buy one in a minute, if I thought selling my house in Jersey would cover it. (It wouldn't by a large margin.)

Julie dropped me off about 4:00, but I'll see her this morning, when she picks me up for T.O.P.S., as well as tomorrow when we go to Lennie's concert.  Ellen called and I invited her and Greg for dinner on Tuesday. After doing a few small chores, I went next door, as I wanted to discuss the Olivia situation with Suzanne. We talked it over for forty-five or so. Called Greg to check for dinner and yes, he'll be here. I think I'll serve salmon and veggies, maybe a salad, too, but very simple and plain food is all he'll eat.

I then called Jim to invite him for Tuesday, too, and was happy he accepted. That damn evaluation is on the day before; at least, he'll have that over with.

Finished the Monet bio and can't wait to see the exhibit in L.A. next week.

                                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And then there's this (the Olivia Saga):

Olivia stopped in about 9:30 to tell me the latest in her sad saga with SO-FI.  She showed me a notice that had been left on her door--in duplicate, for some reason--saying she was supposed to meet with management on Wednesday, but had been "unresponsive." I asked her to go over again the whole problem: She said she had signed a lease and paid for every month, her apartment in August of 2019, but the electric was not in her name, as she hadn't moved in until March of 2021. SO-FI paid the bill, which may or may not have amounted to only $45.00 (although she wasn't there, the refrigerator was running).  This is one of the many parts of the story about which I get confused. Anyway, Olivia keeps saying they won't tell her how much she owes them. They say she hasn't yet put the bill in her name; she said Edison messed it up and/or SO-FI did, and/or...

She said she couldn't decide whether to move out or not and what did I think? I told her I could certainly not advise her on that--what I did advise her to do is to get an attorney. While she was here, she got a call from the secretary, asking her to call him (Aiden) back. She did and said she was going to contact her attorney. Olivia, the community director, then call her and said she had been on the phone with Edison for three hours, trying to straighten things out. Well, there was a lot more, but I'm not going to go into it.

I'm beginning to wonder--and it's distressing--if Olivia does, indeed, have a screw loose. How could this be so complicated? SO-FI must keep track of their financial doings and why can't they just let Olivia know how much she owes and she'll reimburse? More to the point, what possible reason could they have for what Olivia thinks they're doing? Dunno, but I'm glad it isn't my problem.

 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...