Friday, December 31, 2021

Rain, Rug, And The Godfather

It rained, rained, rained all day again! Happily, it's supposed to be dry today--good thing, since I'm going stir crazy cooped up in here.

The guy from Yandoo Communications came about ten and re-connected the Wi-Fi thing. He was a nice young man and I gave him some lemons from Ellen's tree. I trust both the laptop and the new phone will be happy now.  Called Ellen and we chatted; she's working on something for her class, preparing already to go back to work. 

I'm working on some projects myself, including a little rhyme for Joel, my grandson, who turns forty on January 7. As I've remarked in other contexts, I can't believe I'M forty, let alone.... Finally, his gift, which I ordered for him a long tune ago, came, This is it:

It supposed to create the illusion that one is going to be sucked into the vortex. I think he'd get a kick out of it, although when I opened it, it didn't, unfortunately, look quite that dramatic. Got on my rain gear and went over to Von's, then Hallmark for a card. The former was jammed--whether because of approaching New Year's Eve or the rain--dunno.

Spent several hours on anther little rhyme-y project, which will remain under wraps until later. Couldn't think of what to watch, so slipped in The Godfather, parts one. That and part two are still good to see, but part three, as I recall, is a good example of greed conquering art.

Happily, I've been sleeping well lately, although I haven't been getting the exercise I usually do. I think--HOPE!--the rain has stopped and I can get to the market today--running low on staples.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Cool. I thought it was a man standing in the largest ceramic bowl ever. I wondered how they got him in there.

Mimi said...

I'm afraid the actual rug doesn't exactly look like the picture, but I hope it'll be close.

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...