Monday, December 13, 2021

Sunday

Crossword was enjoyable, as I got all but two before I lost interest. Wrapped the little extra gift for Mr. K.--a miniature three-dollar license plate for his bike that says "Born 2 Ride." Walked to the P.O. to mail it and AAGH--it cost eighteen bucks! However, I thought the hell with it, I know he'll get a kick out of it and so will his Dad, so sent it off.

I had my cart and had intended to walk from there to the Market and to Ralph's, but a bus happened to come along and I took it. Got what I needed and darned if I didn't have to wait more than five minutes for the bus home, either. I considered whether to walk, but the fact is, because of my sleeplessness, I was tired, so got on. 

Had lunch, then went to Von's to get the rest of the ingredients for my little dinner party tomorrow. I'll wait until today or possibly, tomorrow to go to Trader Joe's for the wild-caught salmon. Found a good recipe using fresh dill, basil, plus olive oil, and lemon and red onion slices. I had picked up some English cucumbers at The Market, so made crystal pickles and will serve that, too. I don't know about dessert--I usually make it from scratch, but Greg doesn't eat sugar or flour. I could still make something for the rest of us, but I just bought some ice cream; also have blueberries. I'll think of something.

Sleep note: Wow, I didn't get up until 7:15, very late for me, but that was in response to the fact I had slept so poorly the previous night. I was awakened by Ellen calling on her way to work to say she and Greg may not be able to come for dinner tomorrow, as a big storm is predicted. (We're talking rain here, not snow--not even thunder and lightning. She's become a real Californian, I guess.) Instead of getting all annoyed and upset, I'm going to just accept that it may not happen until later, and let it go at that. 

  

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...