Thursday, December 30, 2021

Gr-o-a-n-n....

Not one of my better days. For openers, it rained all day--early, in an annoying drizzle and later, it came down like a bitch. (If I had wanted rain, I would have stayed in Jersey.)

I had problems again with the new phone; called Mike, but he wasn't in and I left a rather frantic message. I then got all my rain gear on and went over to Von's. Ran into Suzanne coming home from San Francisco, where she saw her friend, "Sister B." (for Beatrice).  As I was chatting with her, Mike called back, but I missed it, called him, then PMed him and this went on and on. Later, I got a message that he was driving all day.

Anyway, I talked to Yandoo Communications, then to Ellen and I'm not going to go into all the crappy ins and outs, but the upshot was, El called Yandoo herself. She explained the situation, then sent me an email outlining it, so I can converse with the technician. He or she will be here today between 8 am and noon to re-hook up the Wi-Fi, or whatever.

Kept poor Ell on the phone for long periods while she guided me through some--a very small portion--of the intricacies of the Apple I-11. I'm not sure if I'll ever get comfortable with it, but I'll try. Ellen has been remarkably patient through all this, the dear girl.  I suspect that's because she's used to to dealing with third-graders.

I messaged Wes, who hadn't been feeling well and happily, he wrote back that he was considerably better. I also got a lovely return message from Heidi in response to the PM I sent her. 

To suit my sour mood, I started watching The Godfather; don't gimme one of your cutsey-poo Sound of Music fairy tales, Fredo! 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...