Friday, December 24, 2021

Busy On The Eve

Hoo boy, was I busy yesterday. I didn't sit down except for quick meals, all day, until after I got my shower at 7 pm. What was I doing? All the things I should have done before, but didn't get around to. After breakfast, I made the mixed nut clusters. This wasn't quite as messy as the peanut butter cups, but close. I was chagrined to realize the recipe called for two kinds of chocolate--semi-sweet baking chocolate and milk chocolate chips--and I had only gotten the former. Wouldn't you know, it was raining pretty good,  so I put on all my rain gear--yes, boots, raincoat, and umbrella--and walked over to Von's for the stuff.

Cooked that up; it was easy, but took longer than I thought it would. While the nut cluster were setting up in the fridge, I started assembling wrapping paper, Christmas bags, tissue, tape, ribbon, bows, and so on, preparing to wrap. Aside from the gifts I mailed (to Arizona, Jersey and Japan), I hadn't wrapped any and boy, were there a lot. I took time out once the nut clusters were done, to find attractive containers and make some up for Suzanne and Olivia. Presented them to Suzanne immediately and was sorry to hear her two nieces have Covid, so she won't be going to her brother's in San Diego. However, she'll have Vickie and Mary for Christmas dinner, so that's good. 

Speaking of whom, Vickie called to see if she could come over and bring me something. Sure, and that sweet lady gave me a bottle of Pinot Giglio, a good red. She stayed to chat for a half hour and we had a good talk. Olivia called to thank me, then I spent the next several hours wrapping and labeling. 

I took time out to write an email to my cousin (first, once removed), Diana, who had asked about Betty's condition. Gave her the run-down and, somehow, it seemed to help when I contemplated the situation--sort of a catharsis, I guess. Diane is also a twin; she and her brother, Tom, are about in their late sixties.

Called Ellen to hear the finalized plans and, after some confusion, here they are: Mike and family were in San Luis Obispo looking at Cal Poly, and were to get into Santa Barbara late in the afternoon. Later, Mike PMed me to say he'd pick me up this morning at 7:30 and we'd go to El's to get her, then to Santa Barbara to where Mike and family are staying. (I suggested that Mike ask Carolyn, too.) El will drive me back to her place and I'll stay over there on Christmas eve and Christmas night. Mike and family will come there on Christmas, too. Just now (6:30am), Mike PMed me to confirm.

Okay, looks like a plan!

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...