Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Tuesday

So life is change: I called Carolyn to ask about Wes'es condition. We had a good talk and I learned he doesn't feel terribly ill at this point, but of course, must stay in the Air B&B.  I was startled to learn that his fiancĂ©e, Heidi (whom I've met and she's wonderful) took the five--that's FIVE--children back to Chicago twenty-four hours after they had arrived late Monday night. She had not only her own daughter and son, but all three of Wes'es girls--what a trouper!

Then Ellen called early to say she thought she had overreacted about Wes coming down with COVID, so what if we go to the Santa Barbara Apple store after all? Fine by me and she picked me up at 11:00. We got there only to find they didn't have--or were able to do or something--what what's needed.  Anyway, El figured she could do it herself. We stopped to pick up sandwiches at The Savoy, an outrageously overpriced place, typical of pretentious SB and went back to her house.

Greg left shortly to go to work and we had lunch, then El worked for an hour or two setting up my new I-phone, transferring Gmail, photos, and all the other apps and data without which modern life would come to a screeching halt. I was startled to be told the phone cost a thousand bucks. Mike, being with Apple does get a discount, but even so.  My Cricket cost twenty-five bucks. Sure, this is far superior in every way, but still...

Nevertheless, I love the phone. It's so much clearer and brighter and already, I can see how much better it will be, once I'm comfortable with using it.  

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...