Sunday, December 12, 2021

Saturday

Walked to the post office to send off the Mercantile Rental form from Little Egg Township, plus a check for the fifty-buck fee. I was pleased to see that that it's open today from 10 to 2, as I want to send off the little extra gift I got for Mr. K. in Tokyo. When I got home, I found at my door the three imprinted tees I had ordered for the boys in Bordentown. Good, maybe I can send them today, too.

Julie picked me up at 1:30, along with two friends of hers, Pam and Noella, and we went to Oxnard to St. John's Lutheran. We heard the "Gold Coast Singers," which T.O.P.S. leader, Lennie, is in. I was surprised that there were people at tables outside, asking for proof of vaccination and I.D.s. I happened to have mine with me, but I didn't know it was going to be required. They didn't give out programs, but had us scan the code on our phones; worked fine for me, but Pam didn't know how to do it. We were, of course, required to wear masks when we were in the church.

I greatly enjoyed the concert, which was mix of religious and secular songs, mostly, of course, seasonal ones. Lennie had a short solo during "O Holy Night" and did it well. After, she came out to hug and talk. Margaret, a neighbor of Julie's, also sings with the group. She had come to T.O.P.S. meetings a few times, but stopped because at 8:45, it's too early for her (it's annoyingly late for me). She's the one who sang backup for Andrea Bocelli, which just blew me away.

Home about 4:00. After dinner, I texted Vickie and Suzanne, inviting them to dinner on Thursday. Mary is certainly welcome, too, but I left it up to Vickie whether to bring her or not. In response to my text, Suzanne called me--I had forgotten she's still in Idaho at her niece's graduation. Anyway, she'll come and I may or may not invite Julie, too. If not, maybe I'll have her and Olivia on Friday or Saturday. 

Unfortunately, I had a poor sleep. Woke up at 2:30 and haven't slept since then, but did stay in bed. It's now three hours  later and I'm up. This seems to happen when I haven't gotten a good walk in; whether I can--or should--take a nap or not, I haven't decided.  

OKAY, OKAY--I changed my "theme" again. I kinda liked the fact that the pictures I post come out bigger, plus they appear at the beginning of the posts. May keep it, may not. 


No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...