Wednesday, December 01, 2021

HOME

 Incredibly enough, I survived the flight yesterday. Of course, American Airlines wasn't abut to let me off with a smooth and hassle-free trip. On my way to Philly Airport, I got a text informing me that my flight, scheduled to depart at 4:30 was postponed and now take off was at 6:00. That meant it would get into LAX at 9:00 California time; I was to get the scheduled Airporter at 9:30. But what with waiting to get off the plan, retrieving my checked bag, and so on, I would almost certainly be too late. So just take the next one? There was no next one--that that night, anyway, and not until 7:00 am the next morning.

After another hour or so of mulling over the situation, I got a text telling me departure time had now been changed to 7:47 and would get to LAX at 10:47.  I considered a hotel overnight and even staying in the airport all that time, but finally decided to ask if my friend, Vickie, who was originally to pick me up in Ventura where the Airporter dropped me us. I offered her a certain sum which initially, she refused to take. Finally, I persuaded her and--long story short, she picked me up, we got in about 1:15 am, and here I am.

Made coffee for the morning, fell into bed, and had a deep, deep, glorious sleep. Awoke at 8:30, had my coffee, walked over to Vons for the paper, tangerines, and milk for my oatmeal, had breakfast, and have spent the rest of the time (it's now 12:11 pm washing, drying, and putting away.

It was a wonderful, wonderful month, but it's also lovely to be home. 😘  

1 comment:

Pat said...

So glad you are finally back. What a gruesome experience with American Airlines. Well, it's over and you are now in your own bed in a much warmer sunny California.

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...