Saturday, July 25, 2020

The Social Whirl?

Hosted the truncated T.O.P.S. meeting again. I knew I'd be up and I was, but not by much. I weighed in at 130.9, so had a gain of about a pound. Not bad, and at home, I weighed 130.2...
Hmm...it occurred to me, and not for the first time--that I can get obsessive about my weight, so now I'm going to drop the subject--until next Friday.
I walked member Bobbi to the front and we stopped to chat for a bit. She told me about an outfit called VenBo--or Co--or So--or whatever, kind of a bank type thing. I had never heard of it, but that's not unusual; I had barely heard of Ryan Gosling before seeing him in the thirteen-year-old movie, Fracture.
Had breakfast and was planning to walk to Smart 'N' Final after, when I got a call from niece, Carolyn. She had to be in Ventura and was I available to maybe meet in the middle here? Absolutely, and we decided to bring our lunches. She came about 11:30 and it turned out, she didn't have a chance to buy lunch, so I gave her half my sandwich--and a Corona Extra.
I enjoyed so much sitting and talking to my niece. After a few hours, we went back to my apartment and I dropped off my stuff, then we took a short walk over the foot bridge.  We had gone only a short way when she got a call that the car was finished and the driver was there to pick her up. We said goodbye and she said she might have to be coming back next week. She would bring Betty then and that would be fine.
After she left, I finally got the filing cabinet to the trash removal place. It took me about twenty minutes, but wasn't at all difficult. It wasn't heavy when empty and I simply "walked" it there. Finally, at long last, the damn thing is out of my bedroom and now I'm going to be ordering the new, smaller one from Wayfair. 
Gail called to said she had read the book I lent her and could she return it Monday on her way to a house-sitting gig? Sure, and where are you "sitting"? In a beach house in Malibu--wowee! I meet her at the gate at 9:00.
I called Ellen and we had a nice long talk. She has errands in Ventura on Monday and suggested we do the lunch thing out in the middle--yay! She'll come about 1215.
To top off the day, I have my telephone appointment with Dr. Jennings at 3:15 on Monday, also. Not exactly a social whirl, but it's nice to have engagements on my calendar again. 

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...