Wednesday, July 08, 2020

The Library And Linda

Maintenance guy Gabe came about 9:00 and fixed the two items I had called about. This guy has an attitude which annoys me, but okay, I don't have to see him very often.
Walked to the park with my cart, bringing several books to return, then picked up some others.From there, I caught a bus to The Market for Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and lettuce, then bused home.
Later, I also got an email from the real library to say my request for Bill Bryson's English And How It Got That Way is finally in. I'm still plowing through his Made In America: An Informal History Of The English Language In the United States. 
I used my new Shark and love it--called Ellen to thank her for picking it up. Got a call from brother, Jim, who, I'm afraid, is getting pretty fuzzy in his ninety-fifth year. He and Therese are moving to their daughter's in preparation to accompanying her and her husband to Bangkok next month.
After lunch, it was off to town and the library to pick up the aforementioned book. I walked from there to Ventura Avenue, making a detour into the Von's there to pick up two more containers of blueberries. I now have two in fridge and three in the freezer--I'm a blueberry freak!
Ellen had left me some veggies from her garden, including delicious cherry tomatoes and the biggest cucumber I've ever seen. She included a few florets of broccoli, which I combined with some I had bought and had for dinner, along with roasted mushrooms and some wonderful halibut. After I ate, I looked down at my bowl of broccoli and found this:
Well, people do eat worms in some cultures and they're probably a good source of protein. I sent this picture to El and added I hope he didn't have any late companions now part of her Mum. Called niece Carolyn to see if there's any impediment to me going to see her mother tomorrow. There isn't, so I'll be off to Santa Barbara. 
Still on the puzzle kick, I completed one of my doll, Linda. My nephew, who's writes on horror subjects, insists she's haunted, but that's unfair. She's just a little...well, odd, you might say. (My Aunt Maggie made her outfit and a matching one for me; same for Betty and her doll.)


No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...