Monday, July 13, 2020

Betty, David, and Gail

Did the Sunday routine and  almost, but not quite, finished the crossword. About 11:00, I took my cart and walked to the park. I called Betty from there with some trepidation, hoping she wouldn't remember the ring thing. I said I had called to see how her knee was doing. Luckily, she did, indeed, seemed to have forgotten about the ring. If there's anything benign about this damn disease, it's that: the memory problem in most cases is deplorable, but when unpleasant things are forgotten, it's a relief. We talked for fifteen minutes or so.
Left off some books and the execrable DVD Salem's Lot and picked up another book to take home.
Going back, I walked some of Telephone Road, then caught a bus to the mall and another from there home.
Before lunch, I checked my email and found a message from David Wappler, a fellow resident here. He asked James Crayton and me to meet him at the complex center at 3:30 to discuss our anti-new utilities bill campaign, not realizing James lives in L.A. James wrote back that he couldn't get here, but I said I would.
We met in the middle, as scheduled. David bought some cans of interesting craft beer, some made in Santa Barbara, that had a citrus bent. I had one and enjoyed it; I bought my last can of Nuts About Rosemary and we nibbled on that, too.
David and I talked for an hour and a half. I told him I had spoken to Stephanie at the Housing Rights Commission after James had and she advised me to call the Mediation place. I did, left a message, but haven't heard back yet. David said he had called her, too, and hadn't yet gotten her. We chatted about other things, too; it was very pleasant.
Home, had dinner, then went over to Von's for salmon, but it was almost all gone. Butcher said they'd have more in today, so I'll go back.
I had called Gail earlier just to say hello. She called me back and we talked. She goes to her daughter's in Thousand Oaks most days to care for her three-year-old, as daughter, who's a stock broker or something,  must now work at home. Gail asked if I wanted to meet next Sunday and walk to the park and I immediately agreed.
Darn, I had trouble getting back to sleep after getting up for the usual. Maybe I'll take a nap today.


No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...