Friday, July 03, 2020

Various And Violet

Maintenance guy Gabe came about 10 to fix my sliding screen door to the patio., which had been sticking. Shortly after, I took my trusty cart and walked to The Market. Got a birthday card for my younger granddaughter, Violet, plus lettuce, mushrooms, cabbage, and a few other things, then bused back.
Suzanne was going to the pool as I was going in. She got her hair cut and boy, it looks great. Of course, she has that beautiful thick, wavy hair; it would look great if King Kong on speed cut it with garden shears.
Put the my cabbage in the slow cooker and, not having any apples, added some grapes. I walked over to Hallmark next to Von's and got a little pin for Violet. She'll be twelve on the tenth. Considering how the mail's been, I thought she'd probably be married before it comes. Oh, no prob with that--I walked to the post office and found it would be about five times more for postage than it actually cost. Walked home and found another envelope, took the pin out (I'll send her something on Amazon Singapore) and re-sent just the card. I wrote on her card that she reminds me of myself at that age (about to be twelve). Not in looks--she's much prettier--but in her inner self.  I didn't write what I mean by that: She seems sullen, but needy. And fragile.
After lunch, I took off for town. Walked on the blocked off Main Street, pleased to see all the people at the restaurant tables and chairs on the street. By that time, it was after 4:00, so maybe they were enjoying happy hour (sigh...).
While I was waiting for the bus home, Ellen called. She had taken the kitties to the vet and was waiting outside (aides come out for the animals, then bring them back to the car) for them. She said they were very upset at being put in the carrying cases and going in the car.  El has been busy with more fence-painting; she did more sections of it and will tackle another shortly. We had such a nice chat; I always get a lift when she calls.
Home about 6:00 and I had a vegetarian dinner: cabbage and peas. Sounds gross, but it tasted good to me.
T.O.P.S. today.




No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...